Adjudicate Today Pty Limited is committed to adopting the highest standards to safeguard our clients and other parties’ personal information.
We, like other companies operating in Australia, are bound by the National Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988.
Our collection, use and disclosure of personal information is set out below:
What Personal Information do we collect and why?
We collect personal information about you to provide our services.
The type of personal information we collect may include your name, company or business name, address, telephone numbers and information on the background to your dispute. You may also choose to provide us access to your credit card details as a means of payment of an invoice. These credit card details are held as an encrypted file in our accountancy package in relation to that invoice only.
How we may use your Personal Information
The personal information you provide may be used for a number of purposes connected with our business operations, which include:
- Facilitating dispute resolution;
- Communicating with the parties during the adjudication process and providing information to the adjudicator;
- Providing you with services requested;
- Billing you or administering your account;
- Dealing with requests, enquiries or complaints;
- Providing Government with prescribed reporting on our activities;
- Carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement or in connection with legal proceedings;
- Notifying you of major events about adjudication and security of payment generally.
For adjudication matters, all documentation submitted in support of an application by a party is available for collection by that party after the determination is finalised. If papers are not reclaimed they are destroyed after the expiry of thirty days (30) following the date of the determination.
Sharing your Personal Information
We may disclose personal information or documents about you if required by a Court of Law or Government regulatory authority. Otherwise we will not disclose your personal information to third parties.
Security of your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
How to access your Personal Information
Upon your request, we will take reasonable steps to let you know, generally, what sort of personal information we hold, for what purposes and how we collect, use and disclose that information.