ACT: Claimant Serves Adjudication Application
Two identical, certified copies of the adjudication application, including all attachments or other things accompanying the application, should be served at the same time on Adjudicate Today. Adjudicate Today, as agent for the adjudicator, is responsible for serving the second certified copy of the adjudication application on the respondent.
The adjudication application may be served on Adjudicate Today in person or by courier at any of our offices in A.C.T., NSW, Queensland, Victoria, SA or Tasmania; or by facsimile, post or email. Our electronic Lockbox is available for transmitting large files.
It is most important that the claimant keeps a record of the time, date and manner of service. We suggest that service be performed in one of the following ways with the preferred option being personal delivery by courier who requires a signature.
- Courier - signature required
- Fax - Print and keep full page fax journal report as evidence of transmittal
- Mail - Express Post: keep express post tracking number for delivery verification
- Platinum Post: signature required
- Ordinary Post: make a statement verifying the address, date of postage and other relevant details
- Email (only to an email address which has a history of usage between the parties and/or as an agreed method of service of notices) - In email options, tick both "request a delivery receipt" and "request a read receipt"
- A method prescribed under the relevant construction contract.
Should the claimant serve:
- a single physical copy, Adjudicate Today will copy the adjudication application (including all attachments) and charge the claimant commercial copy rates.
- an electronic copy, Adjudicate Today will, unless otherwise waived, print two copies of the adjudication application (including all attachments) and charge the claimant commercial printing rates. The adjudicator and/or the respondent may in writing waive the requirement for a physical copy.
Upon receipt of the application, Adjudicate Today nominates an appropriate adjudicator from our panel of registered adjudicators to decide the matter. Adjudicators cannot be pre-appointed under a construction contract and may only be appointed by an ANA to adjudicate on a claim. Parties have no right to attempt to influence the ANA in the selection of the adjudicator.
Within 4 business days of receipt of an application, Adjudicate Today will provide a formal Notification of Acceptance of the adjudication application on behalf of the appointed adjudicator. If this does not occur the claimant can withdraw the application and has a further 5 business days to lodge an application with another ANA.
Please move to the next step on the flowchart being "Respondent has no right to serve an Adjudication Response".