|Rate*||$495 per hour (incl. GST)|
|ABN||96 819 187 320|
David formerly practised as a solicitor for over 40 years representing parties in disputes over construction contracts mainly about commercial construction but also home units and home building. He has been an arbitrator since 1984, a mediator since 1995, an adjudicator since 2000 and has also acted as an expert determiner. He now practises solely as an arbitrator, adjudicator, expert determiner and mediator.
He is accredited as an adjudicator in New South Wales, Victoria, Australian Capital Territory, Northern Territory, Queensland, Tasmania and Western Australian and has adjudicated many complex payment disputes. He is also a graded arbitrator, a nationally accredited mediator, a Fellow of the Resolution Institute and a member of the Institute’s Advanced Panel of Mediators. He is also on the panel of mediators and arbitrators of the President of the Law Society of New South Wales. David was an Adjunct lecturer in the Building and Construction Disputes Course in the College of Law Applied Masters of Law degree for Semester 1 of 2016.
David specialises in disputes involving complex contractual and jurisdictional issues which can be determined on the basis of the evidence presented and does not require the adjudicator to act on the basis of his own expertise in inspecting the works.
- Member of the Law Society of New South Wales
- Fellow of the Resolution Institute
- Nationally Accredited Mediator
- NSW Law Society Accredited Specialist in Commercial Litigation (1995) and Advocacy (2003)
- Bachelor of Arts (University of Sydney), 1966
- Bachelor of Laws (University of Sydney), 1970
- Master of Laws (University of Sydney), 1982
- Master of Laws (University of Technology, Sydney), 1999