By law, the respondent must pay any adjudicated amount by the date determined by the adjudicator. This cannot be varied by inconsistent contract provisions.

If the adjudicator has made a determination and payment has not been received within the time specified, then there are two steps that may be taken to enforce the determination.

  • Where a head contractor or principal has failed to pay a determination, a contractor may give notice to them that they intend to suspend works.
  • Enforce the determination through the courts.

Please move to the next step on the flowchart being "Applicant may suspend work on giving at least 3 business days notice".


"Applicant applies for and obtains a copy of the Adjudication Determination certified by the Building Commission and prepares affidavit of amount not paid."

print this page